Simply Crafty SVGS Tent Trailer Box Project

Hello Everyone! It is my pleasure to share another Simply Crafty SVGS design team project with you. As you can tell from all my post that I am a cardmaker but I was ready to step outside my comfort zone and tackle a 3D project. When I saw this Tent Trailer Box I knew this was the project for me and I wanted to make a little Glamper for my craft room.





The Tent Trailer Box measures 6″ wide x 4.5″ tall x 3.5 depth and the top comes off so you could make this a gift box. This came together rather quickly and was much easier to do then I anticipated because a step by step instructions are included. I used Cricut Design Space to cut my SVGS; you could also use a Brother Scan-n-Cut or a Silhouette. Here are some steps and techniques I used to bring my Glamper to life.


Bunk or Trailer Top


Trailer Bottom


Hitch
These are the bones of the project. I used American Craft cardstock because it is a nice strong cardstock. When you import your SVGS you have the option to use the dashed score lines or the solid score lines. I chose to used the dashed score lines (which are tiny dash cuts) because there is a lot of folding in this project and the dashed score lines make folding a dream. Remember in Cricut Design Space you will need to attach the lines to the images before cutting (tip of the day).





I love inking the edges on my images I use because it creates more depth and texture. Above you can see which inks I used. It is subtle but when you put it all together you will be able to tell the difference and your project won't look flat.






Next I added the trim and screens all around the trailer top. And you be able to see the inking against the white.


After adding my screens and the door top I added the roof. I love this polka dot paper!


Then I added my tires, panels, door bottom, and hitch. I just love this mix of patterns.


Finally, I added the lanterns and curtains for a finishing touch along with a little flower bling. Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me share my design team project with you. If you have any questions, please, leave me a comment and I would love your thoughts on my Glamper.

Be sure to stop by Simply Crafty SVGS and check out the awesome projects you can make.

Happy Crafting!
Kimberly Michelle

Comments

  1. Loving this 3D project and the Glamper decor! You look like you are an expert in 3D paper crafting! I would have never known!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts